GA4

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

GREAT GORILLA RUN - Sponsors wanted

Jess "Darth Tigger" Bennett is taking part in the London Great Gorilla Run on 24th September 2006 dressed up in a big Gorilla suit! She's looking for sponsors, I'm about to contribute myself, and I hope some of you will be able to do likewise. Let's see if we can rush her up towards her target of £400.00. Hopefully we can blow the top off it like the Blue Peter Totalizer always did!
On 24th September this year I will be taking part in The Great Gorilla Run. Yes, I will be heading to London to run 7km dressed as a gorilla. If anyone would like to join me on the day, either to run as well or to stand and cheer me on, that would be fantastic. It would be even more fantastic if you could also sponsor me.

I should be getting my gorilla suit in a week or two, at which point I will of course be posting photos. I even plan to do some of my training wearing the suit, which may well come as a shock to the gym where I work. I'll keep everyone updated as to how it's going!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures Jess! Very best of luck from Another Chance To See.

Jess also links to page at LeonardoDicaprio.org which has a video of Douglas Adams talking about the Mountain Gorillas and the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund. There is also a video from Dr Richard Dawkins. I hadn't seen these before, so thanks to Jess for uncovering them for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

Hope you enjoyed the Great Gorilla Run, and you weren't too sweltering in your suit! I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all you have done, for running in the race and all your efforts for fundraising. You are a star!

We hope you had fun on the day. Hope this site managed to get you some more sponsorship and blow the top off your Blue Peter money counter!!
Take care
Laura
Tha Gorilla Organization