GA4

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEMS

I've recently discovered that this website is not rendering correctly in Internet Explorer due to a serious problem deriving from my Comcast webspace. While I explore my options for moving images and other page elements away from Comcast, may I HEARTILY recommend using Firefox where the problem does not seem to occur. That's the reason I didn't know about this problem earlier, because I ditched IE years ago. I have no idea how long this problem has been going on. Apologies for any inconvenience.

6 comments:

atrophic said...

I too use firefox, but I tried it in IE6 and the images loaded after I forced a refresh skipping the cache (Control F5)

Gareth said...

Thanks for trying. Yes, there is a quirk that allows you to browse DIRECTLY to one of the image URLs and then the site will work for the remainder of the session.

More on this issue at the ebay forums

Omar Basawad said...

I love Firefox but still mainly use IE. IE has problems loading up many sites and blogs.

Have you tried the latest version of Safari? It's great!

D.B. Echo said...

I haven't noticed a problem, and I'm using IE 7. I ditched Firefox a while back after running into a bug which routinely crashed Firefox. I did some digging and tried to get some help from Firefox, but "open source" also means "you're on your own, talk amongst yourselves and figure it out." My posts about this have become one of my main sources of search hits, so obviously the problem is pretty widespread.

D.B. Echo said...

Gareth, I noticed that your labels on your "Animals" page aren't mapping proprly - they're not looking at anotherchancetosee.

They should read like this:
http://www.anotherchancetosee.com/search/label/Struan%20Sutherland

Instead they read like this:
http://www.blogger.com/search/label/Baiji%20Dolphins

Gareth said...

Thanks D.B. I've updated those now and they seem to be working.