GA4

Sunday, March 05, 2006

KOMODO DRAGONS - Interview with a dragon...

Here's an odd one from The Japan Times Online. An interview with a Komodo Dragon no less...
There are only about 2,500 of these dragons left in the wild, and most of them live on two islands, Komodo and Rinca, in Indonesia. I first learned about the Komodo dragon in the documentary "Ring of Fire," by Lorne and Lawrence Blaire. They had fantastic footage of these dragons eating a goat -- bones and all. I was intrigued and went to Indonesia to meet the dragons myself. I was lucky enough to meet one dragon, who was sunbathing on a rock and agreed to be interviewed for this column.

"So, how big are you?" I asked.

"I am 11 feet long."

"How much do you weigh?"

"500 pounds! I'm full," he said giving me a toothy grin. "I ate a water buffalo this morning."
Read on for the full interview, with original audio at amychavez.blogspot.com.