This DVD is not yet available in the USA, so I bought it from Amazon.co.uk and I've been using my cheap and cheeful Region Free DVD player from Philips. The Philips DVP5140 Multiformat DVD Player will play any NTSC/PAL DVD on any PAL or NTSC TV, and at this price you can't fall off.
First, to make it region code free follow these instruction:And that's it, your all set for watching DVDs from anywhere in the world. My latest acquisition is the sequel to the BBC America smash-hit "Life On Mars", this time set in the 1980s and called "Ashes to Ashes". Great stuff.
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
6. Press the down arrow once to enter the Preference page
5. Enter 138931 on the remote
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote