GA4

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

THREE GORGES DAM - China's Three Gorges Dam Starts Generator a Year Early

Thanks to Neo Commons, who I check out from time to time. They pointed me in the direction of this story on Planet Ark about the Three Gorges Dam in China.
Energy-starved China has put the final power generator on the left bank of the Three Gorges Dam into action a year ahead of schedule, the China Three Gorges Project Corp said on Monday. The last of the 14 generators, each with a capacity of 700 megawatts, begun commercial operation on Friday, the company said on its Web site, www.ctgpc.com.cn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it remarkable that not only have I found evidence of someone who likes Last Chance to See as much as I do (you have no idea what I had to go through just to buy a copy), but that they have even devoted some cyberspace to following it up. Great site, keep it up.
West Pilton